Sticky racks on Detroit 9A90 injectors

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Topic143964.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By kblackav8or - 7 Months Ago
I have 2 injectors where the racks are sticky or stuck to where they don't move easily.  Is there a way to free them up?  I am not a detroit guy.  The intent is to see if this engine will run and is sound before we prep it and tune it for swap into the FLC. 
By Tony Bullard - 7 Months Ago
I just freed some up on a 6V53. Removed both fuel lines and squirted carburetor or brake parts cleaner through either of the injector ports 'till it came out the other. Worked the plunger up and down as I ran the rack in and out. Freed up almost immediately. Sprayed some PB Blaster through it and worked it again. Smooth as silk. Now if I could only sell the engine.

By kblackav8or - 7 Months Ago
OK I will give that a shot.  I watched a video on YouTube of a guy doing about the same thing. 
By rubbishman - 7 Months Ago
That PB Blaster works amazingly well...I've tried all the old standbys over the years but I think PB is the best.
By Junkmandan - 7 Months Ago
Wayne Yarter did a U tube video about a year ago............It works most of the time .    When you use the extension spout on the spray can, it's more effective to get the blaster in the proper places.
By Wayne64SS - 6 Months Ago
Junkmandan (5/20/2019)
Wayne Yarter did a U tube video about a year ago............It works most of the time .    When you use the extension spout on the spray can, it's more effective to get the blaster in the proper places.

^^^ this. you can find me as Ol2Stroker on youtube.