Wiper pivot

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Topic157994.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By D2Denny - 2 Years Ago
Looking to replace my worn out wiper pivots on my 87 Autocar AT64. Any idea on a part number or replacement. Has anyone tried
to rebush/rebuild these if no replacements available?http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/9f232a64-81d2-4717-8531-707b.jpg
By Geoff Weeks - 2 Years Ago
I've got the exact one I think, It has Trico and 86446-1 cast into the underside. No other number on it. It has a double D shaped shaft with a tapered driver and nut on the end of the shaft. I don't think I would want to part with it, but it doesn't look like there is a bushing in it. In fact it doesn't look like there is a way to take it apart.
Might be worth calling Rome Truck parts  
.www.rometruckparts.com/
By D2Denny - 2 Years Ago
All ready talked to them. Have to pull it off this weekend to see if there are any numbers inside.
By mark h - 2 Years Ago
Maybe try Western Star. They used that style cab into the early 2000s. 

mark h
Denny,
 The one's I have are in a complete wiper kit, with motor, arms and controls. It was sold to me as a kit for a Marmon (which I have) but I'm not sure. I am holding on to it in case I need it, but if all other leads don't get you anywhere, I'll think about selling the whole kit, I wouldn't break it up. Sorry I can't be more  helpful. The only difference I can see on mine from yours, is the washer. Yours is set up for wet arms and mine has two nozzles that spray direct to the windshield.  
By D2Denny - 2 Years Ago
I got mine apart. Its a Trico  86 446-4  with this stamped on the steel arms   319 Left   and    320 Right.. I'll see what Rome says and then start looking. My FL/Westernstar dealer is not the greatest on looking up old stuff. But I will pursue that avenue if I cant come up with any other alternatives. Thanks for your help
By Junkmandan - 2 Years Ago
Fatcab GMCs used that type of wiper transmission also .   I'll look if I still have them.............if I didn't give them to Bill Alexander .
By Junkmandan - 2 Years Ago
Dinnis ,I have 2................Will Call .  
Thats great news, I really didn't want to part with my complete wiper "kit", and it would be a shame to break it up just for two parts.
By D2Denny - 2 Years Ago
You the man Dan!  Good to have friends in high places.