Who's headed to the ATHS Convention

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Topic174724.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
I have no idea where your going but I'll be at the ATHS convention, along with the Frenchman.
By Brocky - 4 Months Ago
Sorry, Not Me!!!  Fuel is just TOO HIGH!!!  Not to mention ATHS's registration fees.. I am seriously considering not going to Macungie either?? My wife and show buddy want to go, so I may have to cave in..
By Frank Surber - 4 Months Ago
I'm obviously not going but there was a thought several months back that I might have gotten a chance to get the 44EQ running and sent it with Bob Gill. I think he is going to have at least 1 Superliner there and one or 2 for Trey and Jimmy Childress probably 1 for Rob Swallows as well.  
By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
Yes Brocky the fees have got out of hand, the venders are not showing up because of the high fees either, the big house has gotten out of touch with this.
By Brocky - 4 Months Ago
Thanks Aaron!!!!!
By Brocky - 4 Months Ago
Eddy Lucast (5/11/2022)
Aaron (5/11/2022)
I have no idea where your going but I'll be at the ATHS convention, along with the Frenchman.

I'm trying to figure out how I can schedule it.
We have a wedding to attend in western New York at about the same time. It's just a question of will we be going by when the shows in progress or the day after it's over. And where can I park the monster I'm about 67' long so the car parking lots probably out.

You are the senior "Snake Oil Salesman" So you should be able to BS your way into the transport parking area!!

By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/c682cbc5-ca47-4de9-8c70-a504.jpg
By Jeeperscreepers - 4 Months Ago
I was planning on being there but the old "ticker" has decided to act up again.
By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
Oops, now what.
By Jeeperscreepers - 4 Months Ago
Aaron, Looks like more blockages and arrhythmia. Probably another heart cath and ablation are in my near future. I haven't been feeling well the past few months and the loss of my daughter last sept. have just about put me down for the count.
By Freightrain - 4 Months Ago
Eddy Lucast (5/12/2022)
I'll be there Friday. I reserved a campground spot hopefully far enough away I won't have to put up with the rift raft.

Aaron usually stays at some fancy smancy hotel....so you'll likely have a good chance of having upstanding neighbors.............

Dan, stay strong my friend. 
By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
I too try to hid e from the riff raff, problem is i have to scour the curbs and gutters to collect enough for the rates, once in a while I can get thru the side door.
By jhancock - 4 Months Ago
Aaron (5/14/2022)
I too try to hid e from the riff raff, problem is i have to scour the curbs and gutters to collect enough for the rates, once in a while I can get thru the side door.

I thought you had raise money previously wearing a nice suit while doing bell hop service at the Radisson? 

Maybe that was someone else...
By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
Got fired from that spot Jim, something about a bad attitude.
Dan keep us posted on how things go.

Keep on trucking!

A family member of mine just went through ablation with some pretty good results so hopefully the dr's can help you going forward.

Aaron, sad to hear that the remedial class at Heloise's Hospitality Academy still didn't take....
By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
Right along with me being a poor employee I'm also a poor student, some days you can't even take me to town.
Hey, ride into town with us but you have to buy your own ice cream.
By TomC750 - 4 Months Ago
Brocky (5/11/2022)
Sorry, Not Me!!!  Fuel is just TOO HIGH!!!  Not to mention ATHS's registration fees.. I am seriously considering not going to Macungie either?? My wife and show buddy want to go, so I may have to cave in..

Well, I was going to show my 1930 White virtually, but had no luck posting a pic. For some reason the file is too big for the server, even though my pic is only 6mb. Spent quite some time doing a workaround but finally gave up. Macungie: I reserved a motel room (not cheap) and registered the truck, but all expenses considered I could put new tires on the truck which it badly needs) and then some. So not going. Maybe next year.
Tom
By Brocky - 4 Months Ago
TomC750 (5/20/2022)
Brocky (5/11/2022)

Well, I was going to show my 1930 White virtually, but had no luck posting a pic. For some reason the file is too big for the server, even though my pic is only 6mb. Spent quite some time doing a workaround but finally gave up. Macungie: I reserved a motel room (not cheap) and registered the truck, but all expenses considered I could put new tires on the truck which it badly needs) and then some. So not going. Maybe next year.
Tom

Same here!! Had to fill up my truck this week, $400 for 75 gal!! Staying local it should last a couple of months..

By Rick Knox - 4 Months Ago
I'll be there. Miss Debbie and I will be in the camp ground. Don't tell Eddy, I don't want his kind parking next to me.

By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
He said something about parking 5 miles away in some other camp ground, I guess he'll walk to the show.
By Frank Surber - 4 Months Ago
Aaron (5/26/2022)
He said something about parking 5 miles away in some other camp ground, I guess he'll walk to the show.

Well he does have long legs and he has had to do a lot of walking here at the shop so he should be used to it 
By Rick Knox - 4 Months Ago
There's still 75 parking slots open at the fairground camp grounds

By oldspwr - 4 Months Ago
Any idea how many trucks are preregistered?

Thanks,

Tom
By Aaron - 4 Months Ago
Just a little over 300 is all.
By TEWHITEIV - 4 Months Ago
Herschel and I will be there. I didn’t try to get a camping spot because they are usually all taken.
By Frank Surber - 3 Months Ago
https://youtu.be/qDxVJ471hyg
By Dan Bruno - 3 Months Ago
Patrick and I will be there Thursday if all goes as planned. We are bringing 3 trucks.
By TEWHITEIV - 3 Months Ago
We are at the show. Seen a few people I know.
By dieselsteveo - 3 Months Ago
I'm here all weekend in "The Shed" with Cummins.  Also giving a Cummins History talk today (Friday) at 1:15 in Building 15/Artisans Building.  Come see me and say hi!

Steve
By TEWHITEIV - 3 Months Ago

Jim’s California Custom Polish is outstanding but his Bullshit Repellent doesn’t work worth a damn. Even after 1 hour it had no effect on our group from Louisiana, despite Aaron’s repeated applications.
By Aaron - 3 Months Ago
You'd need a fire nozzle to repel this group.
By Eddy Lucast - 4 Months Ago
Who's going?

By Jeff Lakaszcyck - 4 Months Ago
ATHD ?? 
Is Eddy going to the ATHS or the ADHD convention ?
Aaron (5/11/2022)

Ah but I corrected the spelling on the thread topic, let see you do that!

Aaron (5/11/2022)
Yes Brocky the fees have got out of hand, the venders are not showing up because of the high fees either, the big house has gotten out of touch with this.

I think where ATHS is confused is they see it has a revenue source and it could be.
For a vendor it's time x cost ÷ the visitors that walk past you, not necessarily how many people attend the event. They have multiple venues they can attend. So if they are going to stick you in a side building, don't treat you right, are over priced or located at the back gate you'll go somewhere else. The going rate seems to be $100 for each100,000 visitors, per 10' x 30,' going past your booth.
ATHS wants several times that

Aaron (5/11/2022)

I'm trying to figure out how I can schedule it.
We have a wedding to attend in western New York at about the same time. It's just a question of will we be going by when the shows in progress or the day after it's over. And where can I park the monster I'm about 67' long so the car parking lots probably out.

I'll be there Friday. I reserved a campground spot hopefully far enough away I won't have to put up with the rift raft.
Ditto on the Dan keep us posted.
Most sites have a 3 to 5mb size limit.
TomC750 (5/20/2022)
Brocky (5/11/2022)

Tom

At 67' long I need 40 acres to turn around so I booked a spot at the KOA.
If it's tight quarters I need to unload and unhook the trailer so I can get into a spot.
By Eddy Lucast - 3 Months Ago
We pulled into town this afternoon. See you Friday. We're at a campground in the sticks, Rochester. Two miles of one lane goat trails. You hope you don't meet an RV coming the other way but we made it
I think everyone here is in town for the truck show.